Where to Go During Golden Triangle Tour in India
India is a land of culture, history, and diversity. With so much to see and do, it can be hard to know where to start. That’s where the Golden Triangle Tour comes in. This tour covers three of the most popular tourist destinations in India: Delhi, Agra, and Jaipur. Each city has its own unique charms and attractions, making for a well-rounded and unforgettable experience. If you’re planning a trip to India and don’t know where to start, read on for a guide to the Golden Triangle Tour, including the best places to visit in each city.
Where to Go (Delhi, Agra & Jaipur)
There are many places to see and things to do during a Golden Triangle Tour in India. The three most popular destinations are Delhi, Agra, and Jaipur.
In Delhi, visitors can see the Red Fort, the Jama Masjid (the largest mosque in India), and the Chandni Chowk markets. There are also many museums, including the National Museum and the Gandhi Museum.
In Agra, visitors can see the Taj Mahal, one of the Seven Wonders of the World. Other sights include the Agra Fort and Fatehpur Sikri.
Jaipur is known as the “Pink City” because of the color of its buildings. Jaipur is home to several palaces, including the Amber Fort and Hawa Mahal. There are also many temples, such as Govind Dev Ji Temple and Birla Temple.
Read more: Golden Triangle Tour 5 Nights 6 Days
Sightseeing Places in Delhi
There is no dearth of sightseeing places in Delhi, the capital city of India. From ancient forts and palaces to modern memorials and museums, Delhi has something for everyone.
Some of the must-see sightseeing places in Delhi are:
1. The Red Fort: A UNESCO World Heritage Site, the red fort was built by Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan in the 17th century. It is a symbol of power and grandeur.
2. The Jama Masjid: One of the largest mosques in India, the Jama Masjid was also built by Shah Jahan. It is a beautiful example of Islamic architecture.
3. The Qutub Minar: Another UNESCO World Heritage Site, the Qutub Minar is a soaring tower of victory built by Qutub-ud-din Aibak after the defeat of Delhi’s last Hindu kingdom.
4. The India Gate: A war memorial dedicated to the Indian soldiers who lost their lives during World War I, the India Gate is a must-visit place in Delhi.
5. The Lotus Temple: The Lotus Temple is a Bahá’í House of Worship that welcomes people of all faiths and religions. Its serene atmosphere and beautiful lotus-shaped structure make it one of the most popular tourist attractions in Delhi.
Sightseeing Places in Agra
There are plenty of places to see in and around Agra, which is why it’s often called the “Golden Triangle Tour.” Some of the most popular tourist attractions in Agra are the Taj Mahal, Agra Fort, Fatehpur Sikri, and Jama Masjid.
The Taj Mahal is one of the most famous buildings in the world, and it’s definitely worth a visit. The imposing white marble mausoleum was built by Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan in memory of his late wife Mumtaz Mahal. It’s an absolutely stunning piece of architecture, and it’s surrounded by beautifully landscaped gardens.
Agra Fort is another must-see attraction in Agra. It’s a massive fort that was built by the Mughals in the 16th century. The fort has numerous palaces and mosques within its walls, and it offers spectacular views of the Taj Mahal from its ramparts.
Fatehpur Sikri is a well-preserved ghost town that was once the capital of the Mughal Empire. The town was abandoned after only a few years due to a lack of water, but today it’s a fascinating place to explore. The impressive sandstone buildings include a palace, mosque, and tomb, all of which are worth seeing.
Read more: The Golden Triangle & Beyond
Sightseeing Places in Jaipur
Jaipur, the capital of Rajasthan, is one of the most popular tourist destinations in India. The city is home to many historical and cultural sites, as well as natural attractions. Here are some of the best places to see while sightseeing in Jaipur:
1. Amer Fort: Amer Fort is a large fort located just outside of Jaipur city. The fort was built in the 16th century by Raja Man Singh and is known for its beautiful architecture and stunning views. Visitors can explore the fort’s many rooms, courtyards, and temples, as well as enjoy a traditional elephant ride up to the entrance gate.
2. Hawa Mahal: Hawa Mahal, or “Palace of the Winds”, is a five-story palace made entirely of red sandstone. The palace was built in 1799 by Maharaja Sawai Pratap Singh and has 953 small windows called jharokhas, which were used by royal ladies to view processions and festivals taking place on the street below without being seen by the public. Today, visitors can tour the Hawa Mahal and learn about its history and architecture.
3. City Palace: City Palace is a large complex located in the center of Jaipur city. The palace was built in 1727 by Maharaja Jai Singh II and served as the royal residence for the rulers of Jaipur until 1949. Today,
Looking To Book a Golden Triangle Holiday Packages?
Golden Triangle holiday packages are a great way to see some of India’s most popular tourist attractions. The Golden Triangle is a circuit of three cities in North India – Delhi, Agra and Jaipur. These three cities are home to some of India’s most iconic landmarks, such as the Taj Mahal, Red Fort and Amber Fort.
A Golden Triangle holiday package typically includes accommodation, transport and tickets to various attractions. Some packages also include meals or other activities. Prices vary depending on the type of package and the season.
If you’re interested in booking a Golden Triangle holiday package, there are a few things to keep in mind. First, it’s important to decide which city you want to start from (Delhi, Agra or Jaipur) and how long you want to spend in each place. It’s also important to consider what kind of activities you’re interested in and whether you want to include any side trips outside of the Golden Triangle circuit.
Once you have an idea of what you want, it’s time to start shopping around for Golden Triangle holiday packages. There are a number of travel agencies and tour operators that offer these types of packages. You can also book directly with hotels or transport companies if you prefer.
India is a land of immense diversity, and the Golden Triangle Tour is the perfect way to experience some of the country’s best attractions. From the bustling streets of Delhi to the serene lakes of Udaipur and everything in between, there is something for everyone on this incredible tour. If you’re planning a trip to India, be sure to add the Golden Triangle Tour to your itinerary — you won’t regret it!